This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 1John 5:14
Wednesday Evening Prayer 7:00pm-7:45pm (Childcare provided)
- Jan 11, 18, and 25
In every situation, whether good or bad, we try to pray before we act. Many times people act first and then want God to bail them out of that situation, but prayer should be our first response, not our last resort.
Understanding the necessity of prayer is not enough. In order for it to become a part of our life, it needs to become something we look forward to. I’m convinced most people don’t enjoy prayer because they have never been taught how to pray. That’s where this simple prayer journal can help. When you discover the beauty of daily conversation with Him, you’ll experience the presence of God that will change your life.
Once you learn how to pray, prayer can become a part of everyday life. And then...
Before the day begins —
Before you go to bed —
Before you go to work or school —
Before you send that text —
Before you react —
Before bad things happen —
Before you eat, drive, or travel —
In every situation —
Prayer changes everything!
“I surrender to you Jesus. I don’t have the power, strength, or wisdom to lead my life like you do. I step aside from leading my life and ask you to lead! You are in control and I am going to trust you. I will say what you want me to say, do what you want me to do, and go where you want me to go!”
Prayer for Family Church
Pray that Family Church would be full of people connecting with God and others, growing spiritually, and making a difference through serving locally and globally. Pray that hundreds of people would find Jesus, be baptized, get connected in community, and follow Him by taking their next steps. Pray for supernatural miracles to happen physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually over these 21 days and beyond! Pray that God would make a way for us to have a facility with more space and build His kingdom in our community and surrounding areas.
How to Pray the Lord's Prayer
1. Connect with God RELATIONALLY - “Our Father in heaven” - (Romans 8:15 NLT) You have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.”
2. Worship His NAME - “Hallowed be Your Name” - (Proverbs 18:10 MSG) God's name is a place of protection—the righteous can run there and be safe. Some different names for God…
Healer (Jehovah Ropha) Creator (Elohim)
Shepherd (Jehovah Rohi) Peace (Jehovah Shalom)
Provider (Jehovah Jireh) Almighty (El Shaddai)
3) Pray His agenda first - “Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.”
(Matthew 6:33) But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
4) Depend on Him for EVERYTHING - “Give us this day our daily bread” - (Psalm 121:1-2 NLT) I look up to the mountains—does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!
5) Get your heart right with GOD first, then with OTHERS - “Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors” - (1 John 1:9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
6) Engage in SPIRITUAL WARFARE - “And do not lead us into temptation but deliver us from the evil one” - (Ephesians 6:12) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
7) Express your faith in GOD’S ABILITY - “For yours is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory forever.” - (Jeremiah 32:17) “Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.”